The Health Village service entity is an online specialized healthcare service developed by experts together with patients. The service entity includes the HealthVillage.fi, My Path and HealthVillagePRO services. The services have been produced in cooperation with all Finnish university hospital districts. Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District (HUS) coordinates the development of services.
Health Village and the organizations producing it strive to guarantee the accessibility of the Health Village service entity in accordance with the legal requirements. In all services, the goal is the AA level defined in version 2.1 of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
This accessibility statement applies to the Health Village site that is open to all citizens and patients as well as its hubs, with the exception of the Mental Hub. You can find the statement for the Mental Hub on the website of the Mental Hub.
See separate accessibility statements for the My Path and HealthVillagePRO services.
HealthVillage.fi and its hubs (excluding the Mental Hub) partially meet the requirements specified in version 2.1 of the Online Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). No critical shortcomings in accessibility can be observed. Non-compliance or exceptions to the requirements are mentioned below.
The content mentioned below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- 1. Failure to comply with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019
The following content and/or functions are not yet compliant:
- Some of the non-text content of the service (certain diagrams, pictures or videos) does not yet contain text matches. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some of the text contents of the service have not yet gone through scrutiny from the perspective of ensuring understandability and readability.
- When using Safari, the VoiceOver screen reader gets stuck in the jump link and language selections. However, it is possible to use the Tab key to move forward. (WCAG 2.1.2)
- There are individual shortcomings in the text matches of the images supplementing the contents. In addition, some pages may contain unnecessary text matches, for example, in illustrations that are not relevant to the content. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Not all videos have subtitles. These videos were published before 23 September 2020 and are mostly videos linked to other actors. In some videos, subtitles sometimes go over text that appears on the video, such as the speaker's name, which may interfere with reading. (WCAG 1.2.1, 1.2.2)
- Some video frames do not have a title. However, the content of the video can be found in the preceding text. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- The site contains a jump link, but it does not work with VoiceOver. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- Header levels are not always used in a logical way. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Changing the spacing of the text may cause the text to break or overflow in places. (WCAG 1.4.12)
- The menu and diseases contain some English words that are missing a language specification. (3.1.2)
- Some tables do not have programmatically defined table headers, which may make it difficult to interpret the tables using a screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- If the user accesses the site using the arrow keys on the keyboard and then starts an embedded video on the page, the arrow keys will no longer return to the other content on the page. The Tab key needs to be used to exit the video in this situation. (WCAG 2.1.1)
Give feedback and help us improve content accessibility
The contents of the Health Village service are continuously being reviewed and updated. If you notice things such as non-text content that has no relevant text equivalent or a video that has no subtitles or other relevant text equivalent, please leave us feedback on the content in question. You can give feedback by clicking on the ‘Was this content helpful for you?’ hyperlink at the bottom of the page.
The creation of this accessibility statement
This statement was created on 27 April 2020.
The statement is based on a third-party assessment of whether the website meets the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102. The accessibility of the website has been assessed by Eficode Oy.
The statement was last revised on 18.3.2022.
Feedback and contact information
We are happy to receive suggestions, observations, questions and improvement tips related to this service and its accessibility via email at
If you notice any problems related to accessibility on the website, please first send feedback on the issue to the website operator. The response may take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the reply you receive or you receive no reply at all within two weeks of your initial contact, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland.
Contact information for supervisory authority