The Health Village service entity is an online specialized healthcare service developed by experts together with patients. The service entity includes the HealthVillage.fi, My Path and HealthVillagePRO services. The services have been produced in cooperation with all Finnish university hospital districts. Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District (HUS) coordinates the development of services.
Health Village and the organizations producing it strive to guarantee the accessibility of the Health Village service entity in accordance with the legal requirements. In all services, the goal is the AA level defined in version 2.1 of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
This accessibility statement applies to the HealthVillagePRO service for social and healthcare professionals.
See separate accessibility statements for the Health Village's hubs and My Path service.
The HealthVillagePRO service partially meets the requirements specified in version 2.1 of the Online Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). No critical shortcomings in accessibility can be observed. Non-compliance or exceptions to the requirements are mentioned below.
The content mentioned below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Failure to comply with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019
The following content and/or functions are not yet compliant:
- Some of the non-text content of the service (certain diagrams, pictures or videos) does not yet contain text matches. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some of the text contents of the service have not yet gone through scrutiny from the perspective of ensuring understandability and readability.
- There are individual shortcomings in the text matches of the images supplementing the contents. In addition, some pages may contain unnecessary text matches, for example, in illustrations that are not relevant to the content. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Not all videos have subtitles. These videos were published before 23 September 2020 and are mostly videos linked to other actors. In some videos, subtitles sometimes go over text that appears on the video, such as the speaker's name, which may interfere with reading. (WCAG 1.2.1, 1.2.2)
- Some video frames do not have a title. However, the content of the video can be found in the preceding text. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- Header levels are not always logically used. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Changing the spacing of the text may cause the text to break or overflow in places. (WCAG 1.4.12)
- The menu and diseases contain some English words that are missing a language specification. (3.1.2)
- Some tables do not have programmatically defined table headers, which may make it difficult to interpret the tables using a screen reader. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- If the user accesses the site using the arrow keys on the keyboard and then starts an embedded video on the page, the arrow keys will no longer return to the other content on the page. The Tab key must be used for exiting in this situation. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- In accordion-style guides, switching between different titles with the Tab key may cause the screen reader to read the title blank. However, it is possible to scroll and read normally using the arrow keys. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- Activating some buttons (add as favorite, clear search) does not work with the enter button. However, these buttons can be activated by using the space bar. (WCAG 2.1.1)
Give feedback and help us improve content accessibility
The contents of the HealthVillagePRO service are continuously reviewed and updated. For example, if you notice non-text content that has no relevant text equivalent or a video that has no subtitles or other relevant text equivalent, please leave us feedback on the content in question. You can leave feedback via the Feedback button on the right side of the page.
The creation of this accessibility statement
This statement was created on 15 July 2020.
The statement was last revised on 18.3.2022.
Feedback and contact information
We are happy to receive suggestions, observations, questions and suggestions for improvement related to this service and its accessibility via email at
If you notice any problems related to accessibility on the website, please first send feedback on the issue to the website operator. The response may take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the reply you receive or you receive no reply at all within two weeks of your initial contact, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland.